Donaldson TRAP Breather
Donaldson T.R.A.P.™ breathers collect and expel the moisture out of reservoirs, which means you won’t need to change the breather due to water saturation … unlike desiccant filters that require frequent change-out. TRAP water and particulate before it gets in without restricting air flow - letting your hydraulic and lube oil reservoirs breathe easy.
Thermally Reactive Advanced Protection (T.R.A.P.™): Superior Moisture Blocking Advanced Particulate Filtration and Oil Mist Control
Water has a way of sneaking into your hydraulic circuits - unless you have a Donaldson T.R.A.P.breather standing guard over your system.
Moisture is blocked by Donaldson’s T.R.A.P. breather. In fact, it removes moisture at relative humidity levels as low as 15%. T.R.A.P. filtration technology reacts instantly to changes in thermal conditions - blocking moisture.
T.R.A.P. breathers strip moisture vapor from intake air and releases the moisture back to the atmosphere on the outflow cycle. The filter continuously regenerates its water holding capacity. T.R.A.P. breathers expel the moisture back out, eliminating the need to change the breather due to water saturation … unlike desiccant filters that require frequent change-out. T.R.A.P. breathers not only protect against moisture but also provide advanced particulate filtration.
TRAP water before it gets in without restricting air flow, letting your hydraulic and lube oil reservoirs BREATHE
Moisture Meets its Match - See How it Work
T.R.A.P.™ breathers from Donaldson are the only breathers on the market that literally strip moisture vapor from intake air and expel the moisture back to the atmosphere on the out?ow cycle. The ?lter continuously regenerates its water holding capacity!
Extended Range T.R.A.P.™ Breather Technology
Donaldson T.R.A.P. breathers are available in a variety of configurations:
- ABS plastic, nylon or epoxy-coated steel construction
- NPT, BSP, UN straight thread or bayonet connections
- With and without electronic indicator options to fit a broad range of application
T.R.A.P. Breather Offering
T.R.A.P. Breather Sizing
T.R.A.P. Breather Specification
T.R.A.P.™ Breather Technology
Eliminates Moisture and Particulate from Reservoirs
- Particulate Filter
- Highly efficient pleated particulate filter stops particle sizes down to 3 µm at 97%.
- Service Interval
- Optional mechanical indicator available
- Models with no indicator: change breather every 6 months.
- Operating Temperature Range
- -40°F to +200°F / -40°C to 93°C
- Electronic Indicator
- Actuated by pressure differential, flashes red to indicate change out is needed.
- Indicator setting, 1 PSID (6.9kPa).
- Indicator power source: 3V lithium battery CR2032.
- Mechanical Indicator Kit
- Install kit between reservoir and T.R.A.P. breather. Lock-up style indicator with manual reset. Highly visible, bright red band shows when restriction limit is reached. Indicator setting 20" H2O (5.0 kPa).
- In environments with combustible dusts or vapors, use non-electrical models only.